- We minimize the amount of personal data we process.
- All of our activities and information can be visited or consulted anonymously. If, for instance, a newsletter is sent to an individual, there is no problem if he or she uses an alias.
- We process data within the framework of the prevailing privacy law.
- Where possible, we apply privacy by design and privacy by default.
- Personal data are not sold, further processed or provided to others.
To what end do we process personal data?
Personal data will be processed only if the person concerned has given his or her permission. Any sensitive personal data are processed by us only with your explicit consent. Your personal data will not be stored any longer than necessary and are destroyed after use. We process personal data:
- in order for our internal organization and volunteers to carry out their tasks
- in order to send newsletters
- in order to organize events, meetings and campaigns
- when data are submitted, such as on a contact form or through a donation
- when our advice is sought, in which case we process your contact details and, in case necessary, create a temporary work file. Any particular personal data are processed by us only with your explicit consent. Your personal data will not be stored any longer than necessary and are destroyed after use.
Privacy First takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures in order to prevent any abuse, loss, undesirable disclosure, unauthorized access or unauthorized modification.
Our website is hosted by Greenhost. We have chosen Greenhost because this Internet provider has a strong track record when it comes to privacy and is committed to relevant social issues such as sustainability and digital freedom.
Our website does not place cookies on your device and we cannot see if a specific link is clicked on. Our website merely keeps statistics on the number of times a certain page is visited. The website makes use of a secure SSL certificate.
On certain parts of the website, where, for example, YouTube videos are embedded, you may still find Doubleclick third party cookies. We are not (yet) able to block those. We advise you to use an adblocker.
It is possible to make a donation on our website. Generally, this can be done anonymously. In some cases, however, you may be requested to provide some personal data. There are three possibilities and we highlight which personal data we receive in each instance. We do stress the word ‘receive’, as we do not process these data in order to approach certain (groups) of donors in a targeted way.
- On our donation page donations can be made anonymously, i.e., without having to first fill out personal data. Through the Mollie BV donations module on that page, you are redirected to the payment pages of iDEAL, PayPal, Bitcoin, Bancontact, Belfius or Sofort. On our bank statement we can only see an anonymous (multiple) credit transfer through Mollie BV. This is our preferred payment method. If you wish to donate as anonymous as possible, we advise you to use Bitcoin. If, on the other hand, you wish to receive a receipt of your donation, the module enables you to choose to donate non-anonymously. In that case we process the following personal data:
- first and last name
- name of your organization (if applicable)
- street and house number
- zip code and city
- telephone number
- email address
- the amount to be donated.
- Donations can also be made through the website of the GeefGratis Foundation: http://www.geef.nl/doel/privacyfirst. The transaction is carried out by them. Here too, it is possible to make an anonymous donation. The donation is finalized by them and is not transparent to us. If you do submit data to them, we too will receive them. Read more here: https://www.geef.nl/nl/doel/privacy-first-stichting/anbi and https://www.geef.nl/nl/page/faq (Dutch only).
- You can transfer an amount through your own bank, PayPal or in a different way. In the billing data we can see the transaction data and your name.
Donors, Privacy First volunteers and other persons or parties who provide us with their contact details, can be informed by email about our activities. In each email it is written how to unsubscribe from the mailing list. If a recipient unsubscribes, the data from this person or party will subsequently be deleted from our systems.
If you use the contact form on our website, the following personal data can be processed: name and email address. Incidentally, it is also possible to send us a message anonymously through our contact page. In that case we do not process any personal data. In case of telephone contact or communication by email, anonymity can never be fully guaranteed; if so desired you are welcome to visit us anonymously at our office location, or at any other location of your choice.
No sharing with others
If you contact us, then that is a matter that concerns only you and us. We will never sell or give away to third parties the details of those we have contact with.
If you are of the opinion that we do not act in accordance with prevailing privacy legislation, we would like to hear from you. You can also file a complaint about this with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), through their complaints page (in Dutch) or by sending a letter to Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, PO Box 93374, 2509 AJ, The Hague, The Netherlands.
https://www.privacyfirst.eu is a website of the Privacy First Foundation. Privacy First is recognized by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration as an Institution for General Benefit (ANBI).
Privacy First can be reached at:
Mail address: PO Box 16799, 1001 RG Amsterdam
Business address: Keizersgracht 127, 1015 CJ Amsterdam
Telephone: 0031 20 8100279
RSIN/fiscal number: 819211710
Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce number: 34298157.
Last modification date: 12 June 2018